This week in Florida has been a scorcher! I got into my car late last week to see a temperature of 105! EEK! Not to mention that I can’t believe its already June, and summer is here. For us this means pool after work (when we aren’t getting our afternoon thunderstorms), weekend beach trips, and my family’s annual family vacation in Pompano Beach. I am super excited for everything to come!
Having a mom from South Carolina means that sweet tea is a staple in your house. Growing up as soon as it started to get a little bit warmer there was sweet tea in the fridge. And definitely not the store bought kind! Sweet Tea always reminds me of summer. So since we are there, todays cocktail is a American Honey Iced Tea. This will definitely not be the last Iced Tea cocktail of the summer. It is also a great cocktail for dad, considering fathers day is right around the corner.
What you will need:
- Jack Honey
- Iced Tea Bags
- Make the Iced Tea in a pitcher. I made enough for 2 batches
- While the water is hot add in your sugar, I added in 1/2 cup, but you can add in more or less to taste.
- After tea is done seeping (follow directions on package) add in your ice
- Slice your Lemon and add the Lemon slices into the pitcher
- Fill glass with ice, and add in 1.5 ounces of American Honey Whiskey
- Fill glass with iced tea, garnish with a lemon wedge (optional)
What spins do you put on iced tea? (adult only or kid friendly)