The number one advice we would give to any married couple is, don’t stop dating. It’s import to reconnect with your partner as often as you can. With things as crazy as they are right now, it’s even more important to take some time to just be together.
We get it. On a normal day it’s hard to find the time to go on dates. With kids, work, sports we lose track of ourselves and our relationships. It’s exhausting and after a long day of being home with the kids, I don’t always want to get dressed and go anywhere.
So, we have come up with a few at home date night ideas to help keep your marriage a top priority.
- Go on a night time picnic. Once the kids go to bed, grab some wine, some snacks, and outdoor blanket and head outside. If you have a telescope, bonus. Look at the stars or download a star gazing app.
- Massage night. Everyone is a little stressed, especially right now. Give each other massages. YouTube how to do them correctly – but be careful how you search for that.
- Game night. Board games or card games. Either way, this gets way too serious in our house.
- Paint night. Think Painting with a Twist but the home version. Get your supplies together and your favorite drink. Maybe turn on some Bob Ross, who knows.
- Sign up for a monthly subscription for different date night ideas. It takes the guess work out of it for you.
- Cocktail night or a tasting night. Try to make the others favorite cocktail. Or grab a few different wines, champagne, or beers and have a blind taste test. We always think the most expensive will be our favorite, but that’s not always the case.
- Theme nights. Mexican night – make margaritas and tacos together. Italian night with a good bottle of red wine.
- Learn to cook something new together. This may make or break you – but it’s sure to be fun. Find a cooking video and try your best. Or, if you don’t want to cook together for the sake of your relationship, have a cook off and let the kids be the judge.
- Plan your next vacation! Maybe don’t book anything yet, but you could plan a destination, excursions, amenities, hotels..
- Simple movie night. After the kids go to bed, get out the popcorn, candy, blankets, and watch something with no one asking you for juice, or a snack.