We know this is a crazy time for everyone. All of the uncertainty, all of the panic, all of the chaos. But right now, our kids need us more than ever. They need us to be their rock during this time. They need for everything to stay as normal, and see that you are not panicked. So in a world of chaos, lets help each other and make sure our babies are protected.
With the help of you, we have compiled a list of resources, and ideas of things to do with your kids (Even if they’re doing it in their halloween costumes). I am sure most teachers are sending items through for you to work on, but just in case you needed a little extra.
- ABC Mouse – I saw that it was currently free if you put in the code ‘SCHOOL7771’, but when I tried it I couldn’t find a place to enter it. The first month is free without the code.
- Khan Academy
- Education.com – free printables
- Adventure Academy
- Club SciKidz – Simple science experiments you can do with your kids each day.
- Duolingo – learn a new language together! You can even do this as a family and label items around your house in the new language.
- Georgia Aquarium – they have a bunch of live webcams. It’s really cool!
- San Diego Zoo – Live webcams
- Houston Zoo – Live webcams
- Live video webcam questions you can ask, or have your kids write down:
- What animals did you see?
- What was your favorite?
- List 3 things you didn’t know before watching the video?
- Draw a picture of your favorite part.
- What kind of ecosystem did the animal live in?
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why? Draw a picture of what you would look like.
- Bamboo – works with your amazon Alexa for interactive, educational games.
- Osceola Reads – one of our local resources, they have created a schedule, and listed a few other activities for you to do with your kids.
We will continue to add resources as we have them! If there are any you want to send our way, you can email them to Tiffany@coffeekidsandcocktails.com or drop them in the comments for everyone to see!